- I knew we were going to lose this game. Too much at stake for the Saints and our defense cannot and will not compete against high octane offenses. The D had a few good showings recently but I just don’t think they just aren’t good enough to hang with good offenses.
- I hope Rodgers hamstring issue really improves over the bye week. It’s pretty apparent what things are like for him when he can’t roll out or scramble a bit. He’s still good of course but he is one of the best QBs throwing the ball on the move…ever. It is such a fundamental part of his game that when it’s not available to him, it’s a problem.
- The Saints offense is that good. Brees does what Rodgers does when Rodgers is playing well. As a defense, you have no idea who is going to get the ball on a given play. It’s brilliant offensive game planning, spearheaded by Sean Payton and executed primarily by Brees.
- Manning, Rodgers and Brees are the elite guys in the league right now. And as much as I hate to watch us lose, watching Brees is pretty fun. He’s a smart player, always scanning defenses and making the right calls. He’s a lot like Rodgers in that respect.
- The Packers players should go out tonight, have a good time on Bourbon street, forget about this game and have a good time getting away from football over the bye week.
- After that 1-2 start, I have to say I’m not terribly concerned about this loss. I think it was a fairly telling loss – if we can’t execute in the red zone and have to settle for FGs, our defense is just not good enough to keep us in the game against the better teams. I think we all knew that.
I like to see it – it is huge that we have a 3rd WR step up and give Rodgers more options.
Why would they call a run (first of all – Saints were all in the box on that one) – but especially a run to replacement Lane Taylor’s side. He got used, predictably. Maybe Rodgers is just hurting too bad right now.
I agree with Michaels and Collinsworth – that should have been a first down for Adams.
His throwing motion seems a bit compromised because of the hamstring issue.
Tough to defend a pass as well thrown as that pass from Brees to Cooks. (Though his pass to Cooks that Cooks dropped in the first half was even better.) We had two guys back there but failed to make the play.
I hope Rodgers isn’t too badly hobbled. That could really cause trouble for us going forward.
That was a great play actually.
I couldn’t tell for sure from the replay but it sure looked like the CB was draped all over him before the ball got there.
Why run Ingram there? I know he’s averaged like 6 yards a carry but we were bunched up in the box – that was the time to throw over our condensed D. Surprised Brees or Payton didn’t see that and change the play accordingly.