- This was a predictable game. The Vikings were hyped too much early in the season. It was concerning how effective their offense was today – especially their passing game. But their defense was not so good.
- I watched them get crushed by Indy last week and figured they had zero chance of winning at Lambeau today. They are just not a very good team.
- Rodgers is playing at the level we are all used to and it is really nice to see. Still think it’s odd that he was playing so average earlier this year but now he is throwing better than anyone in the NFL again. How’s this for a conspiracy theory? Pack decided to tank it mid-season so they could rest up and go on a run at the end of the year…
- Jordy Nelson is playing with a ton of energy lately and it’s great to see. He seems extra confident right now. I do think Rodgers having him back as his go-to guy is huge. Fun to watch him tear up a quality Vikings’ secondary.
- Our defense continues to be a concern. While I was never really concerned about losing this game, our defense got bailed out by a great play really by Clay Matthews. The Vikes offense is not a good one and we got picked apart. If we get to the playoffs our defense has to play at a much higher level. If Bradford can throw for 320 yards against our D, Matthew Stafford could throw for 500. We have some serious work to do on defense – they need to have a resurgence on D like we’ve had on offense.
- Nice to see Allison get involved today. He could be a quiet, helpful factor down the stretch here. It’s nice that Cobb could take the week off to get healthy and have us not lose anything. Allison plays longer and gives us a different look than anyone else we have. I like him.
- I’m comforted that Jacob Schum has really settled down. He’s punting a lot better and it helps us.
- Not sure what happened with Montgomery. All of the runs called for him were incredibly predictable which didn’t help. But it almost seemed like he got benched. It was odd.
- This was a good win. There is a ton of momentum right now which is nice to see after those awful mid-season games. The team is playing with confidence and if the defense can only get things sorted out and turn it on, we could sneak into the playoffs and maybe surprise a bit. But if the D can’t figure it out, I don’t see this team – even with massive games from the offense – doing much in the playoffs.
- On to Detroit – huge game next week. Exciting.
Archive for December, 2016
He’s struggled this year to some extent but I think he’s starting to get a better sense for what he’s supposed to do out there.