On the surface, this may seem like another foolish, poorly-thought-out idea by me – but the more I think about it the more I believe it would be worthwhile. And here’s why:
- As an investor (and a fantasy football participant), I think this would be a fantastic buy low opportunity.
- Right now, Wilson’s stock with Tom Coughlin and the Giants couldn’t possibly be lower. Coughlin HATES fumbling and Wilson has had some terribly timed fumbles in his short career – highlighted by last night. There is evidence that Coughlin and the Giants may have already given up on him (because of last night AND last year) in that they are apparently bringing in some veteran RBs for tryouts tomorrow.
- The Packers are not sure what Eddie Lacy will bring to the table. He kept running hard yesterday which was nice but he was just not that productive – averaging less than 3 yards per carry. Yes some of that was on the O-Line, but a good bit of it was iffy running. I’m not saying cut him out of the picture or anything crazy – just add another player with a different skillset.
- I think fumbling tendencies can be fixed – and sometimes it pays to simply do a cost/benefit analysis. If the guy can bring THAT much more offense with an occasional fumble he may be worth a gamble.
- A duo like Wilson and Lacy could be difficult to stop given that they offer two totally different running styles. I say give it a shot – offer up a draft pick or a player.