Wow – have we missed Kuhn. Great pickup block there on Tuck to give Rodgers an extra second to throw. Awesome. Now let’s get the defense going.
Archive for November, 2012
Click here to watch a short video on Rodgers’ visit with a young girl who has battled cancer for most of her life. What a decent man Aaron Rodgers is. Fantastic.
- The Packers deserved to lose this game. They were not good today. But they did show something at the end there to pull it out – and should be commended for it. Detroit is not a bad team, this is a solid victory.
- The coaching today was not good. Mike McCarthy didn’t get the screens or short pass routes going for Rodgers when there was tons of pressure on him and when the running game was going nowhere.
- Randall Cobb is our best offensive player (behind Rodgers). He is amazing. That TD catch was a one-armed catch on a bad pass in the face of horrendous pass interference. The guy can just flat out play.
- I like Dezman Moses in there. He is disruptive. That forced fumble was a really nice, incredibly athletic play. Remember, early on, Desmond Bishop too just caused turnovers – but didn’t get a chance until after waiting a few years. They should just let Moses play now. He’s ready.
- Davon House continues his strong play too. He has blanket coverage and makes solid tackles.
- Casey Hayward is an incredibly talented and incredibly instinctive player. He is better than Tramon right now and generally speaking, he is the best player on our defense.
- Our special teams play is really solid. Logan can be a scary return guy.
- The Lions are a chronic underachieving team. They need a new coach who can inspire guys to play in the moment.
- It was great to see Finley get back into the swing of things. He was very good today. But I was most impressed by his huge catch toward the end when he broke one for 40+ yards. He could have just gone down as Detroit apparently expected him to, but he didn’t. At the end of the play, he didn’t do any of his normal ridiculous celebrating, but just went back to the huddle. If he did that more often, I am positive he’d find that he could contribute more. There is a psychological factor there for an offensive player. If a guy is getting all cocky after every play, on a fundamental level, it is him saying he’s not accustomed to such plays. But great players just go back the huddle as if that great play were exactly what he was expecting to do. Walter Payton. Barry Sanders. Sidney Moncrief. None of these guys celebrated excessively.
- We should cut Mason Crosby. I’ve been saying it for a while now. His lifetime percentage is 78% (probably less after today). We should really bring in some other guys and make a move.
- If we had lost this game, we could have really had a difficult time in the coming months getting into the playoffs. But after winning in the manner we did, I really think this could be surprising boost for the team’s confidence. Great overall team effort – despite playing like crap at times, we were never out of the game and kept the focus right through to the end of the game.
While I am very concerned about Jason Hansen getting a chance to beat us – I have to say I think it’s more likely Stafford throws a pick here.
Not sure how that isn’t called.
Do we dare let Crosby on the field now for an extra point?
He didn’t do anything afterwards to celebrate. He just walked to the huddle – as though that was just what he was supposed to do. Nice.
…And also not making some of his trademark escape moves to get away from the pressure. Come on fellas. O-Line getting used yes but Rodgers just doesn’t look like he’s focused today.
Honestly – it’s getting ridiculous now. Granted, Rodgers is starting to look like he does when he’s just off – but still we need to try to throw our solid routes – like that one to Cobb right there.
The guy is awful. Nate Kaeding I believe is still available. Pick him up.