- I don’t think I’ve ever seen a defense collectively just take so many blocks like our D did today. It wasn’t great play design or anything that fooled us either. We just took blocks and the result was hours in the pocket for Orton and gaping hopes for KC’s weak RBs.
- Speaking of getting blocked – AJ Hawk sucks. He absolutely sucks. He had 6 tackles and 1 assist – and I think on every one of the tackles it was after the guy had gained 10+yards…because he’d been blocked…because he’s the easiest guy to block in the NFL.
- Woodson on the other hand, was all over the place. He finished with 10 tackles and for a while, seemed like the only guy doing anything out there.
- But really, it was the offense that let us all down here. Sure, we’ve been completely relying on them for 13 games and they were bound to puke one. Well they puked one. They haven’t played that bad since that last Ronald Reagan film.
- Rodgers was bad today. He seemed flustered in the pocket – perhaps understandably after a few bad drops and some really troubling offensive line play.
- We needed to get whipped like this. We were totally and completely outplayed. Our egos were way too big coming in – we got beat fair and square. I hope this victory launches us and makes us realize that we need to bring it every game.
- Jimmy Johnson said something the other day that was dead on- he said our defense doesn’t play with a sense of urgency…mostly because they never have to. Life is easy for our D because they know Rodgers/McCarthy will almost always bail them out. Well, this is a great example of a defense that doesn’t play with urgency getting burned when the offense finally collapses. (Of course today, the D was on the field a ton because of our pathetic offense…)
- McCarthy should lay into the guys after the game – tell them they suck and that they looked absolutely awful and that they really embarrassed themselves out there. Then he should tell them all to go out tonight and get hammered – forget about the game and not watch one minute of tape this week. While I was waiting for a loss like this due to the fact that there has been way too much pressure on our offense all season, I still view this mostly as an aberration. This team is still very good and now they have the opportunity to start another impressive run.