- I’m not overly concerned about Mike Neal. I was excited at the beginning of the season, yes, by the prospect of having Neal fill in for the quality player we lost in Jenkins. But we have barely had a chance to see what Mike Neal can do and because of that – I guess I can’t get too worked up about what he is/is not contributing.
- Jarius Wynn, who will take that spot, played well in week 1. He has been an under-the-radar guy now for a couple years and I think he’s been waiting for an opportunity. This is it. If there is one thing that can be said about TT/MM led teams, it’s that when players get a big-time (starting) opportunity, they seem to be very ready to take it.
- Sure, someday I hope Neal is better and we can get production from him. But for now, I think Wynn will do reasonably well.
- We will likely get a very good look at Wynn this weekend by the way as I expect Carolina to try to run off our right edge – taking it right to him. And they’ll be running with 1 of 2 very good RBs. It will be a test for sure.
- Also, if Carolina starts running a bunch, which I’m sort of expecting for some reason, I can see moving Howard Green over there and going with Raji, Pickett and Green up front for a bunch of plays. Then bringing in Wynn for pass plays.