Wow – that was fast. Read here. Here are some thoughts:
- Did Moss go on some sort of private tirade in front of Childress last night – directed at Childress?
- Had Moss been a thorn in Chilly’s side since day one (possible considering Moss came on as buddies with Favre…who can’t stand Childress)?
- Were the Vikes just tired of all the drama, the lack of effort, the undermining comments after the game last night to the media?
- Is Randy Moss not taking his meds…seriously?
- Did Randy Moss just realize quickly that Brad Childress sucks – and so does playing for the Vikes?
- What if he fell to the Packers through the waiver wire? Would he be worth the gamble? As much as I’m almost always a fan of exploring a potential player acquisition, and as much as he would help make our offense really tough to stop, he’s just not worth the gamble right now. Interestingly, if we were sitting at 3-5, I might feel differently, but not at 5-3 with some positive momentum.
- Regardless of how it happened, it’s pretty funny that it happened.
UPDATE: Not sure how this escaped the final draft of this post, but my theory on what really happened was that Childress took his personal frustration out on Moss because Childress was trying to regain “control” of a team he’s lost control over (because of Favre). He wanted to assert himself as THE GUY. Just read this from PFT that supports this theory – seems more and more that Childress is that retail store manager with the store keys on a key chain around his arm trying to exert control over things he doesn’t really have control over.