That guy has no talent. He has two very obvious pass interference penalties. Keep throwing at that guy.
Archive for January, 2010
You work all year and you do this. This is exactly why I would have gone for a TD with 4 seconds left in the first half. We need to upset their momentum and sometimes, only doing something unconventional can upset that kind of momentum. We’re getting used on defense.
- Defense wasn’t ready tonight. Yes, AZ got great field position on every position except one, but our defense has been chewed up. AZ is doing something on offense, pick-plays or cluster WRs plays of some kind that are seriously confusing our DBs and our LBs.
- We need to check Beanie Wells and not let him get going here. I’m telling you the guy is good, but if they try to run more to manage the clock, they’ll go with Wells.
- As great as Woodson has been on Fitzgerald so far, I almost wonder if we need to consider pulling him off of Fitz occasionally to surprise/deceive Warner. One great thing about putting Woodson on Fitz is that we automatically worry less about Fitz hurting us. But at the same time, to some extent, it takes our best player out of the game. We may need to blitz Woodson or put him in the middle of the field in some kind of zone coverage or something just to make Warner a bit gun-shy.
- Trying a 54 yard FG was ridiculous. Terrible decision that cost us. A coach has to know the percentage of time his kicker makes 50+ yard FGs. He has to know this.
- James Jones should almost be cut for dropping that one. Sure, Finley bailed him out eventually, but that was inexcusable.
- I would have gone for a TD on that last play. Would have been a great fake FG play opportunity.
- Let’s get Grant going. Let our defense rest a bit. AZ cannot stop our run game – I know it. They have prepared for our passing game and will not be able to handle our running game. Ryan Grant is averaging 7 yards a carry.
Both my wife and friend Chris were right when they were wondering why we let the clock run down SO much. I understand you don’t want to give it back to Warner etc, but we ruined our chances of a TD there by running so much time off the clock.
People will disagree – but if I’m McCarthy, I design 2 plays here and go for it on 4th. A TD here would be huge.
Before the game, I was telling friend Chris that Nelson is a good returner, at times, because he’s patient. Nelson looks like an idiot today. He’s running slow, he’s not taking advantage of blocks and he’s fumbling. Only way for him to redeem himself is with a big TD here.
I’m wondering too that despite having a nice lead, if AZ is losing their collective composure. Warner is all worked up and there have been a handful of post-plays skirmishes. By the way, that special teams penalty on Matt Giordano before was BS – he was provoked.