From what I’ve been able to figure, our playoff picture is not too complicated. Ok, as I study this, it is a bit complicated. Remember that Philly has already clinched a playoff spot, though it’s possible they could lose the division title yet to Dallas. But Philly beat the NYG 2x this year, so they own the head-to-head tiebreaker against NYG:
- Packers are in and clinch the #5 seed if we win our last 2 games no matter what other teams do.
- Packers are in if we win 1 of our final two games and the Giants lose 1 of their final 3 games.
- Packers are in if we win 1 of our final two games and Dallas loses 1 of its final two games.
How can the Packers still be elimintated?
- Packers could be out if we lose both of the last two games, Dallas wins at least one of their last two games and the NYG win at least 2 of their final 3 games. (In this case, the Packers would lose a common game tiebreaker to the NYG – thanks in large part to the embarrassing TB loss).
- Packers could be out if we lose one of the last two games, Dallas wins both of their remaining games and the NYG win all 3 of their remaining games. Again, we’d lose the tiebreaker to the NYG.