- Cleveland sucks.
- The O-Line looked quite good yesterday. They kept Rodgers upright and helped Grant by opening some holes.
- Grant finally ran through a couple people. Part of what made me a believer in Grant during the 2007 season was that he seemed strong enough to run guys over. Yesterday, Grant did that a couple times.
- Grant still has zero shake. There were a couple times when Grant came into the 3rd level of the defense having just a safety or cb in his way and Grant inexplicably ran right into the guy – didn’t even try to put a move on him. Still, overall, Grant was very good yesterday.
- Donald Driver is very important to this team. While Greg Jennings continues to almost be just another guy (one less TD than James Jones), Driver has taken advantage of almost every opportunity he’s had this year – and often made the most of them. He is so important to this team right now because he MUST be making the planning especially difficult for opposing defenses. It poses a great problem when opposing defenses may need to ask: which guy should we double up – Driver or Jennings?
- Aaron Rodgers had a QB rating of 155.4 yesterday – not bad…in fact, nearly perfect. His rating on the year is 110. Again, outstanding. His pass completion percentage in the last 3 games (after a shaky start) is nearly 75%.
- Nice tackle by Mason Crosby on that one Cribbs’ run back.
- As I noted yesterday during the game when McCarthy and Rodgers were laughing on the sidelines – I think it’s really important that McCarthy gets back to having some fun out there. I think he had fun in 2007 because they were winning etc. But since then, he’s been very serious. It was nice to see him enjoying himself – and it was deserved. While Cleveland is horrible, McCarthy and staff put together a quality game plan that was well-executed (after the first quarter anyway) by the players. I hope McCarthy had a cold one when they got back home last night.