Check out this article on CNN today. It is about a truck tipping over and millions of bees escaping. It is remarkable (literally, worth remarking) for several reasons.
1) I am allergic to bees. The scene described is the scariest possible scene I can imagine. I’d rather have to watch 12 straight hours of Vikings metrodome “football” replays than face bees on this scale.
2) This accident was initially reported by Sacremento’s newspaper – the Bee.
3) I never thought that having the AC on might be a bad idea as the vent could suck some bees in – good new knowledge for me.
4) Steve Merchant, the Highway Patrolman quoted in the article said “there was somewhere between six (million) and 16 million of them running around out there”. Several things: a) bees don’t run; b) why did Steve Merchant give or take 10 million bees in his estimate?
5) There is a tremendous acronym used here – the CCD. I can’t wait to start using this and then look at people incredulously when they don’t know that I’m refering to the “Colony Collapse Disorder”.