- This is the first time I’ve typed up a Game Thoughts at the end of the first half. What a great game by Rodgers, the coaches and the rest of the team.
- Rodgers just played one of the greaestt games I’ve ever seen from a QB. He’s so smooth out there when he’s on like he was tonight that the whole thing just seems effortless. It’s like watching Fred Couples effortlessly bomb a drive 330 yards. Fun to watch.
- I like the switch putting Matthews at ILB for several reasons. First – because it appeared to work perfectly. Second – because it allows Nick Perry to get on the field more – he’s been a menace this year with somewhat limited playing time – and Perry has become really good at rushing the QB (so we’re not losing out too much by moving Matthews from his traditional position). Third – we now have someone in the middle who isn’t terrible. While we should all expect there to be a learning curve for Matthews, especially when he’s playing against teams that aren’t terrible, this shows some promise.
- I loved the screen they threw to Eddie Lacy. You know when Lacy runs 50+ yards for a TD on a screen, more than anything, it says that the Bears D is absolutely terrible. But it is also a great play to call and one that we should all far more often.
- It’s interesting – there are times when our defense just looks like it knows exactly what’s coming and makes huge plays and shuts teams down – like tonight. Then there are times when it seems that we have no clue (like against the Saints). We’re going need more consistent performances from the D to do some damage in the playoffs.
- You know it’s a crazy good game when the Packers block a punt.
Get them all out of there. I don’t care if the Bears score 28 points – pull them all out.
Amazing TD there.
He’s just more involved in the game. I think that was probably what Capers was thinking making the switch but Matthews is an emotional player and when he’s able to make tackles on most plays he’s just in the game way more it seems.
I would like to see some stats around this just about now. Rodgers has missed 3 passes, thrown for nearly 300 yards and has 5 TDs. While the Bears pathetic D and overall pathetic team dilutes just how special this is – sort of – this is one of the greatest performances by a QB I have ever seen.
Don’t know why we don’t use screens more often. Such a great play. Of course the Bears D is the worst D in the NFL.
Wow. The Bears have nothing mentally. Just nothing. Their defense is terrible and the offense underachieves dramatically considering the personnel.
Rodgers also playing as perfectly as a QB an play. Fun to watch.
I was a bit unsure of that move but the truth is he hasn’t been nearly as effective this year it seems than in the past and Nick Perry has been very good. So far this doesn’t look like a bad move.
I like it. The Bears are not good coming from behind. I wouldn’t be surprised if Cutler gets benched tonight.