He’s still a good player.
Archive for December, 2012
Great block there for Jones.
That was nice. While we got totally outplayed in the half, that was a momentum killer right there. Nice.
Ridiculous play right there. Unlucky.
Just love watching that guy run. He run a little like Marshawn Lynch except he seems shiftier/faster. Awesome.
Not a very good start. I had big concerns about AP going nuts today. When the guy wants something he runs with a determination that few backs in the NFL seem to have anymore. This could be a long day defensively. Our offense needs to keep this a game. I want Harris to get the ball – Grant isn’t going anywhere today against this fired up D.
- This week’s game could be a tough one. Minnesota is tough to figure out.
- The win last win in Houston really shocked me. I thought for sure they’d puke that game up and pretty much remove themselves from the playoff picture. Instead they came out and dominated, especially defensively, and took it to a confident Houston team.
- AP is obviously scary. Everyone knows he’s going to get it a bunch and still nobody can stop the guy. He just runs so hard and he makes defenders pay. As much as I hate the Vikes, I have to admit I like watching Peterson play because he plays such an impressive brand of football. I like that he doesn’t always just duck out of bounds and that he’ll take defenders on and throw them to the ground. It’s old school and it’s fun to watch.
- That said, that offensive line does a heck of a job blocking for AP. While he has the presence and sense to make the right decisions at the right times, he does have some nice holes to run through. I am not sure how well the line pass protects for Ponder, but I am pretty sure that they are top notch when it comes to blocking for AP.
- Key to this game will likely be the tackling of our LBs and DBs. The D has had some quality moments throughout the season, and recently in particular, but I still see a big struggle on their part in getting AP to the ground.
- I see AP breaking the record in grand fashion but I also see the Vikes having a misguided focus in this game – trying to get AP the record at the expense of winning the game. Seems like that would be a classic kind of Vikes oversight.
- I want Rodgers to be extra careful in this game – though I obviously want him to play to win. I worry that this is the kind of game where the Vikes are going to be totally loaded up on adrenaline and commit several flagrant fouls (only some of which will be called).
- Cobb will likely be key again. There is no answer for the guy. While Winfield could still probably do a decent job of shadowing Cobb (despite Winfield having slowed down), he really poses match-up problems for anybody who defends him. What a draft pick.
- I hope Jordy is back. That would make a huge difference.
- This could be a huge game for two people in particular: Finley and Harris. I think Finley has started to earn Rodgers trust again as he seems more focused in recent weeks or something (and more productive). He doesn’t seem as concerned with being an idiot out there – instead he has been just making plays. It’s refreshing and it reminds me that the guy is immensely talented. I also think Harris could play a big role in this game. I think Grant will likely struggle to do much against this D, but the Vikes know very little about Harris and I have a feeling he could be extra tough to drag down on faster playing surfaces. I see big things for him Sunday (though I also see a fumble). One humorous thing I’ve read before about smaller, fast-footed backs like Harris is that DBs often have trouble actually seeing them because the big bodies on the line just get in the way.
- In the end, I think I’ll have to go with the Packers in a close one, 24-20 – but I must say, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Vikes win this one. I think they are better than their present reputation.
- Packers = very good.
- Titans = not very good.
For the first time in a long time, I am fairly excited about our running game. I have been whining for years about the need for a quicker footed back who can make people miss. While Harris is also a bundle of muscle, his combo of quick feet and decisiveness could be really good some day.
Pack doing exactly what they had to do today. Awesome. Just awesome. Glad to see Crosby get on the board too – he needed that.
He seems particularly aggressive today. He looks good. Could have something to do with Tenn being really weak offensively, but Hawk and the rest of the D seem to be ready to play today.