Read here from Nate Davis at USAtoday.com. He thinks TT should trade for Darren McFadden. There are several reasons why this is intriguing:
- McFadden is super talented. He can run, he can catch passes and he can even throw!
- He also has breakaway speed and as Davis points out, he could be the first Packer back in years with to-the-house potential.
- Defenses would have an absolutely terrible time having to account for a guy like McFadden coming out of the backfield, in addition to our WR group. With Cobb, Jennings, Jordy, Jones and Finley – our offense would be absolutely unstoppable…even if we didn’t execute correctly.
- With his receiving talent in particular, losing Jennings and Finley in the offseason would be less painful.
- While the Raiders would likely ask a lot in return, Davis may be right that Reggie McKenzie might think that a valuable draft pick or two may be super helpful as they start rebuilding.
- McFadden, surprisingly, is only 25 years old.
- McFadden is fragile and TT is not keen on fragile guys.
- I am not so sure the Raiders would be willing to part with him without making ridiculous demands. He is the present face of their franchise.
- This is not likely something on TT’s radar. While he does make rare forays into free agency/trades, I don’t think TT values the position of RB very much, so I don’t think he’d be inclined to trade for one.
My conclusion: the Packers should offer Jermichael Finley and a 3rd round pick for McFadden. If they don’t bite, offer Jermichael and a 2nd round pick.