- I am not surprised by this victory. Read here. Before this game, I believed the fact that the Pack was being written off didn’t add up. I felt that way in good part because I think the Jets have one of the most vanilla offenses in the NFL. We saw it today – and an experienced D Coordinator absolutely shut it down. Dom Capers called a fantastic game.
- I don’t think it’s a stretch to argue our LB group now is just plain better than it was at the beginning of the season. Don’t think there is a fall-off losing Brad Jones and bringing in Zombo. I think Bishop (and I’ve got to say…Hawk too) are playing really well in the middle. And getting Chillar back in there always helps.
- Rodgers was off again today. I realize that the Jets’ D is tough, but he was not great – 15 for 34 today. That’s really not good.
- Our offense was worse today than the Jets’ D caused us to be. MM has to get that offense moving more effectively, needs to work on short yardage plays and really needs to work on red zone offense.
- Tim Masthay gets the game ball for me today. He was unreal. He had 5 punts downed within the Jets’ 20. Nice.
- Bishop, Peprah, Tramon, Hawk, Howard Green, Raji, Matthews, and Zombo were fantastic. Woodson and Tramon had some great turnovers. Woodson showed his value today by not having a great overall game (for his standards) but still having the sense to rip the ball out of Keller’s hands.
- Peprah’s hit toward the end on Cotchery may have saved that game. I’m not so sure he shouldn’t be the starter back there with Collins going forward, considering how he played today.
- Thought it was interesting that Matt Sanchez appeared to me to be less than gracious when Cullen Jenkins and a few others went to shake hands after the game. Granted, he played poorly, but still…
- Gutsy effort today – we deserved that win. And man was it satisfying to see Rex Ryan’s face at the end of the game. Very satisfying.
Archive for October, 2010
We ate up some clock and forced a few time outs, yes, but that was a very defensive offense possession. Our punting has been great and same with our D – but they are one play away from taking the lead.
Ugh – neither the play to Kuhn or the one to Jackson were good calls. Not just because the Jets stopped them, but also because now it really tests us. We need to pass here.
Tramon another great play there.
but nice defensive play there on the reverse – especially by Howard Green!